Graphic Designer—Full Time
Our team seeks an ambitious Graphic Designer with extensive experience bringing brand ideas to life across a variety of online platforms and channels. You will play a critical role collaborating with our Design Director on digitally focused creative projects from kickoff through final production. The Graphic Designer must be a self-starter, have the ability to juggle multiple projects and possess a strong sense of urgency. You will report to our Design Director and work closely with our Client Services Director, design team, clients and vendors to produce creative solutions that effectively communicate the strategic intent for our clients, which include businesses, associations and nonprofits.
On our team, you’ll build creative solutions, collaborate with colleagues, bring fresh ideas forward, and elevate the quality of our creative work, making an impact on the brands we serve.
Our Team Culture
- We want your unique voice and personality. Show up as YOU.
- We’ve been working remotely for over a decade! We have regular internal and client meetings (virtually) during standard business hours in the Central Time Zone.
- Taking care of yourself/your household is a priority. Work schedule is flexible.
- Empowerment from the owner, open to your expertise/talents.
- We are captivating, curious and kind.
- We do things with transparency, grit, and a splash of wit!
Mercury Creative Group is a fun and focused group of creatives who zealously pursue strategy first, design second. We believe that creating and nurturing community leads to meaningful change; people are at the center of all we do!
Mercury is LGBTQ-owned and led. We are an equal opportunity employer that recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We strongly encourage candidates from historically underrepresented communities to apply.
What You Bring to the Team
We need someone who can keep digital creative projects moving with excellence. 5+ years agency and/or project experience producing creative solutions across digital, print, web, video and social.
Systems + Technical
- Proficiency in Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, XD), Figma and MS Office
- Proficiency in common CMS platforms such as WordPress, Concrete5, Craft and Squarespace
- Proficiency in common email marketing platforms such as MailChimp and Constant Contact
- Confident with all Apple devices and apps as well as Google Workspace
- Experience with HTML and CSS
- Bonus experience: Asana, Slack, and Association Management Platforms
Creative + Production
- Brand Creation: Through guidance and collaboration, you have the ability to create brand identity elements for a client, which may include logo creation. Work within existing brand structures and adhere to and expand upon established brand standards.
- Websites: Create page layouts and apply content to either new or existing websites. Work with clients to efficiently update content and provide alternate layout solutions when required. Wireframe experience is a plus. Experience with association management systems is a double plus!
- All Things Digital: Ability to create compelling designs for digital campaigns. This may include emails, landing pages, social media images, blog graphics, print ads, or paid media campaigns. Experience creating storyboards and artwork for videos and motion graphics.
- Print Collateral: Experience designing for all types of print collateral. This would include printing specifics (bleeds, trim lines, etc.) as well as an understanding of USPS restrictions and mailing best practices.
Your Time + Compensation
This is a full-time remote position with an annual salary of $54,000. Availability during business hours M-F 9am-5pm CST, is expected for meetings, calls and collaboration with the Mercury team.