Part-time contract to hire position.
Mercury is a fun and focused group of creatives who zealously pursue strategy first, design second. We believe that creating and nurturing community leads to meaningful change; people are at the center of all we do!
Our team seeks an experienced Brand Strategist with marketing expertise and insightful writing skills. You will play a critical role writing the words that define our clients’ brands and helping them find clarity in their brand messaging. By uncovering actionable insights, you will craft compelling narratives and strategies that inspire and engage audiences.
The Brand Strategist must be an attentive listener who can identify themes and organize ideas. You will collaborate closely with our Client Services Team to facilitate a unique brand journey for each of our clients, which include businesses, associations and nonprofits.
On our team, you’ll be transforming brands from the inside-out. You will have a collaborative team to work with, bring fresh ideas forward, and elevate the quality of our strategic work, making an impact on the brands we serve.
Our Team Culture
- You are here because we want your unique voice and personality. Show up as YOU.
- We’ve been working remotely for over a decade! Regular internal and client meetings happen (virtually) during standard business hours in the Central Time Zone.
- Taking care of yourself/your household is a priority. Work schedule is flexible.
- We are captivating, curious and kind.
- We do things with transparency, grit, and a splash of wit!
- Mercury runs on the EOS framework.
- Our owner empowers the team and is open to your expertise/talents.
What You Bring to Our Team
We need someone who can create brand guides personalized to each client. 7+ years agency and/or project experience identifying brand clarity, key messages and delivering written brand content to inform all marketing and communication efforts.
Awareness + Personality
- Welcoming – you know how to make the client and their team feel comfortable
- Confident facilitating/speaking
- Ability to see the future for the client’s brand
- Flexible within the project and the unique journey it can take (no client is the same)
- Adaptable to shift between different projects and brands easily, keeping track of each client’s unique needs
- Expert in marketing strategy + strong business acumen
- Effective communicator – both written and verbal
- People-focused: you listen with curiosity and care
Facilitation + Brand Strategy
- Co-Facilitator: In collaboration with our Client Services Team, you can prepare surveys or other specific needs prior to project kick-off. You lead research on the client/brand before each session and come with specific questions to guide conversations. You listen deeply, find common themes, and have the ability to ask questions that uncover the brand and its true purpose. You are comfortable challenging C-Suite level executives to find alignment and unity.
- Writing: You find the right words to define the client’s brand and complete a brand guide. You can listen for themes and key words, uncover gaps, word map, and organize ideas.
- Mercury Method: You will follow our signature Mercury Method and be able to adapt and refine it based on the specific client’s needs/circumstances. You will see opportunities to refine or add tools to our Method.
- Relationships: Build trust with our clients, deliver a WOW experience, be the go-to, and uncover opportunities to grow our partnerships.
Systems + Technical
- Confident with all Apple devices and apps as well as Google Workspace
- Bonus experience: Asana, Slack, and Association Management Platforms
Mercury Core Values
- Excellence: pursuit of the highest level of optimal performance, providing a WOW experience for our clients, our teammates, our partners and our community
- Curiosity: placing importance on ongoing learning, being tech savvy, being proactive
- Collaboration: placing importance on working together to achieve results, we recognize that every team member, partner, consultant and client brings value to our projects
- Decisiveness: confident, convincing communication, the ability to make decisions firmly, clearly, conclusively and timely
- Achievement: placing importance on successful work, accomplished through superior effort and skill, building wealth for our company, our clients and ourselves
- Play: imagination, spontaneity, the ability to amuse and be amused
- Relationships: strong ties with family, friends, co-workers, or members of a community
Your Time + Compensation
We have immediate projects to begin a contract with the right candidate at a mutually determined rate. The ideal partnership will lead to an employee position at Mercury.
Please email your resume to Jodi Trost (she/her), email@example.com. We invite you to include a cover letter or brief video to introduce yourself. In the letter/video, please talk about your unique superpower that you would bring to this role.
Mercury is LGBTQ-owned and led. We are an equal opportunity employer that recruits, employs, trains, compensates and promotes regardless of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, disability, age, veteran status, and other protected status as required by applicable law. We strongly encourage candidates from historically underrepresented communities to apply.