Thank you for choosing to be part of our community at Mercury. We are committed to protecting your personal information and your right to privacy. If you have any questions or concerns about our policy, or our practices with regards to your personal information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
VOLUNTARILY SUPPLIED PERSONAL INFORMATION
We are the owners of the information, content, and other information we provide through our Site and social media accounts. We do not collect any personal information about you unless you voluntarily provide it to us.
“Personal Information” includes all personally identifiable information that is specific to you (e.g. first and last name, address, phone number, email address, social media usernames, etc.). This information may be collected when you request information, subscribe to our newsletter, download content, send an email to us, provide feedback, interact with Mercury using social media, or other direct contact from you.
Except as noted herein, Mercury will not furnish or distribute Personal Information to outside organizations, entities or companies without your consent. If you supply us with your postal and/or email address, you may receive periodic mailings from us with information on new services or upcoming events. If you have questions about your email subscription status, would like to verify that your Personal Information is removed from our mailing list or have other inquiries about your Personal Information, please contact us at email@example.com.
PASSIVE INFORMATION COLLECTION
As you navigate through our Site, certain information, whether anonymous or identifiable, can be passively collected (that is, gathered without you actively providing the information) using various technologies, such as cookies, Internet tags or web beacons, clear GIFs, pixels, and/or similar devices, as well as navigational data collection (log files, server logs, clickstream) (collectively “operational information”). For example, your Internet browser automatically transmits to our Site some of this anonymous information, such as the URL of the website you just came from and the Internet Protocol (IP) address and the browser version your computer is currently using. Our Site may also collect and process information about the physical location of your mobile device using GPS or other location technologies, such as sensor data from your mobile device providing information about nearby Wi-Fi access points and cellular network towers (“location information”). You have the ability to control access to both operational information as well as location information through the control settings on your device. We may use and combine such passively collected operational information and/or location information for our internal business operations, including to provide better service to you, by customizing our Site based on your preferences, compiling and analyzing statistics and trends, and otherwise administering and improving our Site.
SITE VISITOR DATA
Mercury uses aggregate anonymous data regarding online behavior to better understand how people use our Site. To that end, Mercury may use aggregated, anonymous online traffic behavior along with information from third parties to track usage trends and thereby improve our Site. Visitor data is collected using data collection tools such as cookies, embedded Web links and other commonly used information-gathering tools. Mercury uses such visitor data to develop, manage and improve its Site.
THIRD-PARTY TOOLS + TARGETED ADS
To opt out of and manage this type of tracking, website visitors can disable their cookies for certain websites.
GOOGLE ANALYTICS COOKIES
Google Analytics collects data from traffic via Google Analytics Advertising Cookies. Mercury does not identify users or merge Personal Information with non-personally identifiable information collected through any Google product. To opt out of Google Analytics advertising cookies, please use the Google Analytics Opt-out Browser Add-On.
USE + DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We use your Personal Information as necessary to operate our Site. In addition, we may use the information we collect about you, including any Personal Information you may provide to us and other information we collect in order to:
- Respond to any questions you ask or to respond to the reason you contacted us. We do not share your Personal Information with any unaffiliated third party, unless necessary to respond to your request.
- Monitor usage and interaction statistics on our Site, and/or through responses to our communications.
- Enhance, improve, and offer new products, services, and overall customer support.
- Perform data analytics for our internal business purposes.
- Allow us to respond quickly and efficiently to your questions and your requests for information.
- Communicate with you (via email, text, phone or mail) either directly or indirectly through our marketing service provider to send you special offers, or marketing information, and newsletters.
- Track use of our Site, investigate suspicious activity, and enforce our terms and policies, to measure and improve the operation and security of our Site, and your Personal Information.
- Assess and improve our Site and its functionality.
- Allow us to disclose your information to the extent permitted or required by law.
You may opt out of any future contact from us at any time. Depending on where you live, you may have certain legal rights under applicable law. For example, you may have the following rights:
- Your right to Access – means that you can ask us for a copy of any Personal Information we hold about you.
- Your right to Correct – if you believe that any of the Personal Information we hold about you is incorrect or out of date, you have the right to correct such Personal Information by providing us with the correct up-to-date Personal Information.
- Right to Erasure – you can ask us to delete the incorrect or out-of-date Personal Information and we will be happy to do so unless we are prevented from doing so by law or regulation. In certain circumstances you may also have the right to ask us to erase your Personal Information.
- Right to Portability – you have the right to request a copy of your Personal Information in a commonly used and machine readable format to be provided to you or to such other third party as you specify.
- Right to Limit – you have the right to opt out of any ancillary use of your Personal Information (e.g., for marketing purposes).
Please contact us (as specified below) to request any of the above rights. Upon confirmation that you are making the request, we will confirm our obligations under applicable law. Please note that even if a request is made to delete your Personal Information, we may be permitted or required to retain a copy for our business and legal obligations as permitted or required under applicable law.
Data security is implemented through physical, administrative, and technical safeguards we put in place and operational procedures we follow to protect your Personal Information. We protect your transactions involving your Personal Information over the Internet using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology. We restrict access to your Personal Information in our database to our authorized employees, agents, certain of our authorized business partners and/or authorized Third Party Providers as appropriate or necessary to provide the Site. However, no website, database or system is completely secure or “hacker proof.” You are also responsible for taking reasonable steps to protect your Personal Information against unauthorized disclosure or misuse.
We keep your Personal Information as long as needed to process your requests, to operate our business and provide our Site, and as long as we are legally obligated to keep it. You have the right to ask us to delete your Personal Information at any time. Please note that deletion of your Personal Information may affect your right to use our Site. While we will use reasonable efforts to delete your Personal Information, we may be required to retain such Personal Information as required by our systems or our legal requirements. Until we have deleted all of your Personal Information, we will continue to honor our privacy and security obligations related to your Personal Information.
Please note that in the event that we elect to de-identify your Personal Information, such de-identified information is no longer your Personal Information, and we may use such de-identified information, alone or in an aggregated basis to analyze our Site, or as we deem appropriate.
Our Site may provide hyperlinks to other websites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or content of external websites. We do not have any control over or responsibility for information you share about yourself on or through any websites outside of our Site; including any third party websites accessed or linked through our Site. All such sharing of information and content is done at your own risk. Any concerns over the sharing of information on or with a particular website not owned by us should be handled by dealing directly with that website.
CHILDREN’S ONLINE PRIVACY PROTECTION ACT (COPPA)
In compliance with the Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act, 15 U.S.C. § 6501.06 and 16 C.F.R. §§ 312.1 – 312.12, we do not knowingly collect information from children under the age of 13, nor do our website(s) target children under the age of 13. By using our Site, you represent that you are not younger than 13. Please contact us if you know or suspect that we have collected information from children under the age of 13 and we will take prompt measures to remove such information.
EXTERNAL DATA STORAGE SITES
To contact us with your questions or comments, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or write to us at:
MERCURY CREATIVE GROUP
7478 CAHILL ROAD
EDINA MN 55439
Last revised: April 3, 2023
Copyright © 2023 by Mercury Creative Group. All rights reserved.